DEPARTMENT
FOR TOURISM DEVELOPMENT
OF TASHKENT CITY
Back

COMPLEX "SUZUK OTA"

Category

Culture

Address

Tashkent, Shaikhontokhur district, Suzuk ota ward.

Phone

Information

A parking lot is being built at the entrance to the complex, a museum, a shop, a library are being built, and inside there is a mausoleum and a mosque. On both sides of the entrance to the complex, 34 two-story houses for artisans will be built. “In our country, various types of handicrafts are developed.” Centuries have passed, several generations have changed, but traditions continue. Now this place will become a real center of artisans. The artisan quarter is being built here for a reason. Suzuk-ota, named Mustafokul, was born in 1140 in the village of Korachuk of Turkestan. He was the youngest son of Gavhari Khushtozh (Khushtari) - the only daughter of Ahmad Yassavi. The grandfather, shaking his little grandson on his knees, often said: “My dear, beloved (suzugim), welcome!”, So the surrounding people began to call the boy that way - Suzuk. Upon reaching the age of majority, he settles in a deserted, hilly and deserted area adjacent to the Tashkent makhallas "Chakar", "Chukurukprik" ("Chupan-ata") and "Mirlar", and proceeds to its improvement. Inviting from his small homeland reciters of the Koran, craftsmen, relatives and friends, he builds houses, gives shelter to all, introduces science and craft to the masses. He also taught youth farming, handicraft and other professions. Suzuk-ota was the mentor of hundreds of craftsmen and artisans. Dear mentor died in 1217. And his makhalla became famous as makhalla masters. This cultural center, organized on the initiative of the head of our state, is important for the perpetuation of the good name of Suzuk-ota, the continuation of the ancient traditions of handicraft. In the 20th century, the mahalla was called “Bauman”, “Comintern”, “Kakhramon” and “Rim”. After independence, she was once again called the Sukhuk-ota makhalla, which indicates high respect and reverence for this great personality. There is information that the mausoleum and the mosque, located in a part of the makhallya guzar, were erected in the era of Sahibkaran Amir Temur. In the prayer room and on the terrace, some 700 worshipers can pray. Unfortunately, in 1930, the mosque and madrasah were closed and turned into an enterprise for the manufacture of metal products. In place of the cells were built office of the enterprise and the warehouse. This mosque with the largest dome (10 meters in diameter) in the city remained in this form until 1990.